WINTER WINE CRAFTS
The weather outside might be frightful, but we hope your wine has been delightful!
In need of some fun and easy crafts to do while quarantining? Do you have some extra wine bottles or wine corks laying around? We've got some perfect fun DIY crafts just for you!
Personalise your dinner table with unique homemade wine cork place card holders!
1. Place all of your wine corks on a hard, flat and stable surface. Using a sharp knife, carefully hold the wine cork with one end on the flat surface.
2. Trim the wine cork lengthwise so the wine cork has a flat side to put on the table.
3. Once you have a flat side of the cork, place your fingers around the cork to keep it steady. Next, carefully use the sharp knife to cut a long slit into the cork lengthwise. Continue this process till you get your required depth.
4. Repeat the process till you get the amount you want! You can now put a label into each slit of the wine cork and use them as labels or place card holders for dinners! Enjoy!
Simple yet beautiful! Use this throughout the year for extra lighting or centerpieces for dinners!
1. Thoroughly clean old bottles (clear or light bottles work the best) with soap, water and a sponge. If you need to remove a label, soak the bottle in warm soapy water for an hour.
2. Fill the bottle with beautiful fairy lights that are battery-powered and have a wine-cork topper!
Upcycle those wine bottles you have and create a homemade cozy yet show stopping candle! This unique idea is perfect for all seasons!
1. Thoroughly clean old bottles with soap, water and a sponge. If you need to remove a label, soak the bottle in warm soapy water for an hour.
2. Feel free to use your choice of leaves, twigs or other green elements! Thoroughly wash with hot water. Place your mini garden inside the wine bottle.
3. Fill your wine bottle with boiling water. Wait 5 minutes and place a long candle of your choice into the wine bottle and.. you're done! Enjoy!
TIP: If you don't want to add 'nature' aspects to your DIY wine candle, use a dark-coloured wine bottle and skip step 2!
Practice the art of upcycling and decorate your tree with homemade ornaments that are unique and adorable!
1. Begin by safely and carefully using a sharp knife to cut your wine cork into small discs. You can safely get 3-5 discs out of one wine cork.
2. Carefully cut one cork in half and proceed to cut the two pieces in half. This will be your tree trunk!
3. Line your small pieces of cork into a tree shape with 4 rows (row 1 - 1 cork, row 2 - 2 corks...)!
4. Once you have your wine corks lined up, use a hot glue gun to glue the sides where wine corks meet. Press and hold for 10-20 seconds and continue till you have a tree. Once fully dry, use the 1/4 of a wine cork and glue your tree trunk!
5. Wait 30 minutes and paint your tree however you'd like. While the paint is still wet, add your choice of glitter.
6. Wait another 30 minutes or till the tree is fully dry and glue a piece of ribbon to the back of your ornament. Once dry, hang that beauty in your tree and enjoy!